Version 2 of the Australian Multibeam Guidelines published!
Version 2 of the Australian Multibeam Guidelines merges the content of the original National Environmental Science Program (NESP) Multibeam field manual, eliminating duplication and reducing future maintenance of guidelines. The Guidelines are available online through the NESP Marine Sampling Field Manual Portal (below).
NESP Field Manuals for Marine Sampling to Monitor Australian Waters
Version 2 of the NESP Field Manuals for Marine Sampling to Monitor Australian Waters provides national standards for data acquisition. This version was developed to ensure that data collected by marine sampling platforms at different times and places across Australia are directly comparable. The manuals covers a number of key marine survey techniques including:
- Chapter 2 - Survey Design
- Chapter 3 - Multibeam Echosounder (MBES)
- Chapter 4 - Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV)
- Chapter 5 - Benthic Baited Remote Underwater Video (BRUV)
- Chapter 6 - Pelagic Baited Remote Underwater Video (BRUV)
- Chapter 7 - Towed Imagery
- Chapter 8 - Sleds & Trawls
- Chapter 9 - Grabs & Boxcorers
- Chapter 10 - Remotely Operated Vehicles
You can either browse the field manuals through the webpages, download discrete manuals as pdfs, or download a full version pdf.